Talk to 5 Friends about the November 3 Election
Sponsored by the PVA Executive Committee, email@example.com
It’s important that we vote, but it’s also important that we advocate for candidates we believe in. This kind of advocacy is at the heart of the democratic process, and often a friend’s recommendation has tremendous influence on how we vote, especially in municipal elections.
These races will be won or lost by a very small number of votes. You can make a world of difference by talking to some of your friends who might not know who to vote for or where to vote.
What we are asking
The Unified Action this month is simple. To participate, you contact five friends and urge them to vote for the candidate or candidates you believe are most qualified to lead Las Cruces at this time.
Ideally, these are people who may not have made a decision and for whom your recommendation could make a difference.
- The Municipal Election will be held TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2015
- The following seats are up for election: Mayor, Councilor District 1, Councilor District 2, Councilor District 4, and Presiding Municipal Judge
- Early voting is between October 7 and October 31 at City Hall.
On Tuesday, November 3, you may vote at any of the following
Voting Convenience Centers
- Branigan Library, 200 E. Picacho Ave.
- Doña Ana County Govt Center, 845 N. Motel
- East Mesa Recreation Center
- Frank O’Brien Papen Center, 304 W. Bell Ave.
- Good Samaritan, 3011 Buena Vida Cir.
- Henry Benavidez Center, 1045 McClure St.
- Meerscheidt Rec Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave.
- DACC East Mesa Branch, 2800 N. Sonoma Ranch Blvd.
- Munson Senior Center, 975 S. Mesquite St.
- Rehab Hospital of So. NM, 4441 E. Lohman
- Newman Center, 2615 S. Solano
- Highland Elementary, 4201 Emerald Street
- Jornada Elementary, 3400 Elks
- Desert Hills Elementary, 280 Roadrunner Pkwy
For more information contact the city clerk’s office at (575) 541-2115.
Candidates listed below have attended a PVA meeting and asked for support
Candidates for Mayor
Contact info: visit the campaign Facebook page or mayorken.com
Candidates for City Councilor, District 1
Contact info: visit the campaign Facebook page or kasandraforlascruces.com
Candidates for City Councilor, District 2
Gregory Z. Smith
Contact info: visit the campaign Facebook page or gregoryzsmith.com
Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the campaign Facebook page
Candidates for City Councilor, District 4
Contact info: visit the campaign Facebook page or jackeakman.com